Monday, February 2, 2015

From Sitting on Pews to Preaching the Good News

 I was tipe-toeing to door as a slung by backpack over my shoulder, it was 8:00 am and I had to get to the church fast! Two night before I was asked to share on Sabbath for the Sermon and at first I was going to share my testimony. Friday night after our Young Adult Vespers Joey, Ashly, Aphi, and little Sebastian came to the church along with Mike and I to practice for song service on Sabbath. Joey asked me to man the sound system to get things going. Once everything was taken care of, I started to work on my sermon. The whole day i had this desire to share something that would engage young and old, but at the same appeal to both. I was tweaking my testimony here an there after a while everyone said goodnight and i was still working things out. I told Joey to take Mike home cause I was going to be a little while longer. I wanted to practice what I had so for and work out the kinks out loud. Well I went through it and I prayed "Lord get me through this." It was going to be my first time sharing a sermon and I was nervous yet excited. I get home and get ready for bed and as i am laying down looking up at the sealing I said another prayer "Lord I don't think this is gonna cut it." As I quickly though of somethings that I could share on... that out of no where came the idea! You see a week before I had helped my dad get something together that he was gonna share about and i instantly though. Why not share the same thing with my own twist! So on Sabbath morning while my house mom was still sleeping I scrambled to get to the church so I could put my message together. God helped me, it was about Evangelism and why we should do it and at the end I shared what evangelism had done in my personal life. By the Grace of God it went well! I praise the Lord for every new step He shows me and I so glad that He gives us the strength to take the next step with Him.


1 comment:

  1. Blessings Joseph....we'd like to hear that sermon one day! Can you remember to share it with us?

    ReplyDelete